Do you have tillage or water? 

The Rural Municipality (R.M.) of Weyburn and the Weyburn Fire Department are reaching out to their residents and ratepayers for assistance. 

They are collecting a database of contact information and a list of equipment that might be available in cases where the Weyburn Fire Department may need to call on locals for support, such as large fires.

Candice Nixon, Development Officer for the R.M. of Weyburn, said that the Weyburn Fire Department has a large fleet of their own emergency vehicles that they use when they respond. "However, in certain conditions, fires can spread rapidly in the R.M., or water is not always accessible. So the equipment we're looking for would be any type of tillage equipment, water tanks or dugouts, even if they're available in the location of those," she explained.

Nixon said that if anyone has equipment as described above and they don't mind sharing their contact information with the R.M., they will pass it along to the Weyburn Fire Department and they will utilize it in cases where they need it in an emergency.

"In the past, we've had a very strong response of people who come out and help the Fire Department. This is more just formalizing the process and giving the Fire Department access to contacting people if they need, rather than the people just responding on their own, which is definitely appreciated."

Nixon added that interested individuals can contact the R.M. office at 306-842-2314 or by email at 

They are asking that individuals provide their name, phone number, and the type of equipment they have access to.