During the regular season of the South Saskatchewan Lacrosse League, Weyburn had two U15 teams. For the Saskatchewan Lacrosse Association provincials, held this past weekend in Prince Albert, the two teams merged for one entry for the tournament. The plan brought some success for the Thrashers, as they would dominate their early games at the tournament, and earned a berth in the finals. There, however, they would come up short of the gold medal but still came home with the silver.  

They opened the double-elimination tournament against the Melfort Wings Friday morning. The Thrashers took an early lead and held on for an 8-4 victory. Chayse Willoughby and Leo Missal had three goals each in the win, with Shiloh Mickler and Nate Rosengren also adding a goal each.  

Weyburn followed it up with a game against the Prince Albert Smoke Jumpers in the afternoon. An early lead would again be the key to the success of the Thrashers, as they went on to an 8-3 victory. Missal had three more goals in the win, with Mickler scoring two more himself. Also scoring for the Thrashers were Willoughby, Maddox Mohan and Xavier Pehl.  

Saturday morning the Thrashers would be up against the strong Moose Jaw Mustangs squad. Moose Jaw would be the ones to take the early lead but would have to deal with a late rally from Weyburn. The Mustangs were able to weather the storm, though, and came out with a 5-3 win. Missal scored two goals for the Thrashers with Missal adding one more.  

With a loss, the Thrashers were now needing to play their best lacrosse to stay alive in the tournament. Their next game was early Sunday morning, against the Swift Current Rampage. While the Rampage would outshoot Weyburn 42-16, the Thrashers outscored their opponents 4-3 to advance to the finals. Missal, Willoughby, and Mohan all scored for Weyburn, with Gabe Littlechief scoring the game-winner late in the third period.  

Weyburn would now face the Mustangs in a rematch in the finals.  

The Mustangs, though, took advantage of a Weyburn team that had already played their first game of the day early in the morning, posting a 6-0 final for the win.