There was signficant damage when a vehicle smashed into the new 7-Eleven store on Weyburn's east side on Saturday.
Weyburn police say the damage was to both the building and the vehicle
Nobody was hurt.
There has been no word on whether there will be charges, as the police investigation continues.
WEYBURN POLICE SERVICE REPORT - MARCH 20, 2017
- At about 2:50 pm the Weyburn PS received a report of a domestic assault that had recently occurred. The suspect was located and arrested. A 27 year old male has been charged with Assault and will be making a Court appearance.
- At about 5:50pm the Weyburn PS received a call of a 2-vehicle collision on 1st Avenue NE and Government Road. A vehicle being driven by a 17 year old male was travelling West on 1st Avenue and attempted to make a left turn colliding with a vehicle being driven by a 32 year old female. One vehicle had to be towed from the scene. The 17 year old driver was charged with Failing to Yield to oncoming Traffic.
- At about 11:15 pm the Weyburn PS received a report of a domestic assault between a 38 year old male and a 26 year old female. The matter was able to be mediated without the need for further police involvement.
- At about 12:20 pm the Weyburn PS received a report of identity theft. The victim’s identity was compromised and the person responsible was able to make changes to the personal information on the credit card account. While these types of things are extremely difficult to prevent, we urge people to always know the correct charges on their credit cards so that fraudulent transactions can be caught as quickly as possible.
- The Weyburn PS were requested to remove a number of unwanted guests at a residence. Upon arrival all unwanted people had apparently left.
- At about 2am the Weyburn PS received a call regarding a domestic dispute in progress. Upon arrival the police found no offence to have been committed, but successfully mediated the conflict between a 28 year old female and 25 year old male.
- At about 2:45 am the Weyburn PS received a report that an assault had happened outside a bar. The victim was unable to provide any type of details. There were no witnesses. The matter is still under investigation.
- The Weyburn PS received a request from Weyburn EMS to assist them with a potentially violent patient. The assistance was provided without incident.
- The Weyburn PS received a report of a vehicle colliding with a convenience store building. Damage was extensive to both the vehicle and the building. There were no injuries. The matter is still under investigation.