The winning streak for the Richardson Pioneer Weyburn Red Wings ended at two games Saturday night. Still, the team remained unbeaten in regulation in their past three, after the Kindersley Klippers stymied the Red Wings 3-2 in a shootout at Crescent Point Place. 

It was a boisterous crowd, as the Red Wings recognized the parents and billets of all the players ahead of the game. Once the puck dropped, Weyburn had a little extra oomph in their game, as they would nearly outshoot Kindersley 2-1 in the game, putting 40 shots on Klippers netminder Cody Jaman, while Angelo Zol faced just 27. 

The Klippers would be the first to score when Kayden Ostrom found the back of the net at the 8:57 mark to put Kindersley up 1-0. Weyburn didn't take too long to respond, though.

Jacob Visentini put the puck into the back of the net with 8:47 remaining in the period. Nicholas Kovacs and Tyler Teasdale assisted his 10th goal of the season.

Weyburn would get a great chance to break the tie early in the second period. Jerome Maharaj, who had a ten-game point streak coming into the game, drew a penalty when he got a breakaway just 39 seconds into the period. The referee deemed it was worthy of a penalty shot, but Maharaj was unable to convert the opportunity. 

Then, 2:56 into the second, Carter Briltz scored his third goal in two games, assisted by Braigh LeGrandeur and Brendan Hunchak. The 2-1 lead for the Wings, though, was short-lived. 

Just nine seconds after the Red Wings took the lead, Cobe Perlinger would beat Zol to make it 2-2. From there, the goaltenders took over.

In the third period alone, Jaman stopped 12 shots, and Zol 13. In the overtime period, Weyburn put seven shots on Zol, but none would find the twine, and the two teams went to a shootout.

In the shootout, the first three shooters from each team were stopped. Then, Ostrom would beat Zol, putting all the pressure on Weyburn's fourth shooter, Cade Meiklejohn. However, Meiklejohn wouldn't get the puck past Jaman, and the Klippers escaped with the 3-2 victory. 

After the game, the Red Wings held their annual Calcutta Shootout. This year's winner was Meiklejohn, who scored on Dazza Mitchell in the final round to earn the victory. 

With the single point earned for the shootout loss, the Red Wings now find themselves tied with Estevan for second in the Viterra Division, but are one point back of the Melbilel Milliionaires for first. Weyburn is also currently holding the eighth and final playoff position. 

Weyburn will be back in action Thursday night when they welcome the Humboldt Broncos to town in the final game of their three-game homestand.